Everyone can host a food or fund drive! Food and fund drives can be hosted by anyone. They work well at businesses, schools, clubs, places of worship, and public events. Food and fund drives are a great way to get younger volunteers involved in the fight agaisnt hunger!
Holding a food drive is as easy as 1-2-3!1 - Plan ahead
- Plan a Thanksgiving in July collection. Holiday items need to be at the Food Bank for packing by mid-November to ensure that we have enough product for all our clients.
- Make February a Heart-healthy drive and concentrate on items such as oatmeal, Cheerios, nuts, tuna, tea, carrots and broccoli.
- Food drives any time of the year are needed. Check out our currents need list.
2 - Promote
- Create posters and flyers to promote your drive.
- Make sure to include dates of collection, what items you are seeking and where items can be dropped off.
3 - Collect
- Help the Food Bank by organizing the items by product type (great idea for our young collectors) prior to dropping off the collection.
- Drop off your donation at the Food Bank Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm or other times by appointment. Due to the high number of food drives during the months of November and December, please make sure to complete our food drive registration process so we are aware of your plans and can schedule a drop off day and time.
Interested in hosting a food or fund drive? Click here and register your food drive with the Food Bank!