Distribution Hours and Guidelines
Monday 1:00 - 5:00 pm (must be checked in by 4:30pm)
Wednesday 1:00 - 4:00 pm (must be checked in by 3:30pm)
Friday 1:00 - 4:00 pm (must be checked in by 3:30pm)
- Doors open at 1:00 pm. Please do not arrive before 1:00pm. If you do so, plan for various types of weather.
- Numbers will be distributed to clients at 1:00pm based on the order of arrival.
- Only one number will be given out per client unless you are authorized to pick up groceries for another client.
- If you are not present when your number is called, you will forfeit your place in line.
- All clients must arrive and be checked in by 4:30pm on Mondays and 3:30pm on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you arrive within the last 30 minutes before closing time, you may be asked to come back on the next distribution date. (An emergency food bag will be provided as needed.)
- Due to the amount of paperwork and the time needed for a first-time distribution, ALL NEW CLIENTS must come to the Food Bank on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between 2:00-3:00pm for their first distribution only.
Next Service Date Cards ~ Every household is given a reminder card for their next service after they check-in. Please be sure to keep your reminder card in a safe place. We will no longer provide immediate responses to phone calls asking about next service date. If you call, you will be asked to provide your name and telephone number so a Food Bank representative can call you back with the date. All calls will be responded to within 24 hours.
Winter Weather Policy:
If the State College Area School District closes due to inclement weather, the Food Bank will closed as well for the safety of the clients, volunteers and staff. If there is a two hour delay, distribution will take place as normal in the afternoon. If there is an early dismissal due to weather, the Food Bank will try to remain open if we have enough volunteers to help with distribution.
Cancellation announcements can be found at:
- State College Food Bank Home page (scfoodbank.org)
- WJAC-TV 6
- WTAJ-TV 10
- Cable Channel 4 and 3WZ
- Forever Radio
- Results Radio
Download our full Client Service Information HERE
Updated Client Service Information - June 2018