Distribution Hours and Guidelines
Monday 1:00 - 5:00 pm (must be checked in by 4:30pm)
Wednesday 1:00 - 4:00 pm (must be checked in by 3:30pm)
Friday 1:00 - 4:00 pm (must be checked in by 3:30pm)
- Doors open at 1:00 pm. Please do not arrive before 1:00pm. If you choose to do so, plan for various types of weather.
- Numbers will be distributed to clients at 1:00pm based on the order of arrival.
- Only one number will be given out per client unless you are authorized to pick up groceries for another client.
- If you are not present when your number is called, you will lose your place in line.
- All clients must arrive and be checked in by 4:30pm on Mondays and 3:30pm on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you arrive within the last 30 minutes before closing time, you may be asked to come back on the next distribution date. (An emergency food bag will be provided as needed.)
- NEW CLIENTS: Due to the amount of time needed to process a new client receiving a first-time distribution, ALL NEW CLIENTS must come to the Food Bank on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between 2:00-3:00pm for their first distribution.
- Clients will need to provide proof of residency for everyone in their household.
Next-Service-Date Reminder Cards ~ During check-in, every household is given a reminder card for their next service date. Please be sure to keep your reminder card in a safe place. If you misplace your reminder card and call the Food Bank to ask about your next service date, we may not be able to provide an immediate response. In that case, you will be asked to provide your name and telephone number, and a Food Bank representative will call you back within 24 hours to confirm your next service date.
Inclement Weather Policy:
Food Bank closing announcements can be found via the following media outlets:
- State College Food Bank website Home page (scfoodbank.org)
- State College Food Bank Facebook page
- WJAC-TV 6 (NBC)
- WTAJ-TV 10 (CBS)
- WATM-TV 5 (ABC)
- WWCP-TV 8 (FOX)
- WPSU-TV 3 (WPSU)
- Seven Mountains Media (local radio)
- Forever Media (local radio)
In general, if the State College Area School District closes due to inclement weather, the Food Bank will also be closed for the safety of our clients, volunteers, and staff. If there is a two-hour school delay, client distribution will take place as usual in the afternoon. If there is an early dismissal due to inclement weather, please check the sources listed above to find out if the Food Bank has closed.
Read and download our Client Service Information brochure HERE
Read and download our Client Service Information updates as of June 2018