Eligible clients will be approved for 12 regular distributions in a 12 month period, with at least 30 days between visits. The twelve times a year does not include any additional distributions, such as the Thanksgiving and Holiday dinner distributions.
In order to use the State College Food:
- you must reside in the Boroughs of State College or Port Matilda or one of the following townships: Ferguson, Harris, College, Patton, Halfmoon, Taylor, Worth or Huston, AND
- have a referral from one of the agencies listed below AND
- fall within the income set below*.
If you are not sure of your township, click here for a map.
Step 1: Meet with one of agencies (see list below). If you qualify, they will provide you with a written referral.
Step 2: Bring the referral with you to the Food Bank during regular distribution hours.
Safety Net Partners (approved referring agencies)
- Community Help Centre (open 24/7)
- 814.237.5855 or 24 hour Hotline at 800.494.2500
- 410 S Fraser St, State College, PA
- Centre Volunteers in Medicine
- 2520 Green Tech Dr, Suite D, State College, PA 16803
- Salvation Army
- 2603 E College Ave, Suite G, State College, PA 16801
- If you work with any of the following agencies, check with your case manager for eligibility:
- Strawberry Fields
- Housing Transitions
- Women's Resource Center
At times, a one-time referral can be provided for individuals with unusual situations. Emergency 24-hour assistance is available through the Community Help Centre: 814-237-5855, 410 S. Fraser St, State College, PA 16801.
Income Qualifications effective 7/1/2016*:
| Household Size|| Annual Income|| Monthly Income||Weekly Income |
| 1|| $17,820|| $1,485|| $343 |
| 2|| $24,030 || $2,003 || $462 |
| 3|| $30,240 || $2,520 || $582 |
| 4|| $36,450 || $3,038 || $701 |
| 5|| $42,660 || $3,555|| $820|
| 6|| $48,870|| $4,073|| $940|
| 7|| $55,095 || $4,591 || $1,060|
| 8|| $61,335|| $5,111|| $1,180|
|For each additional family member add: || $6,240|| $520|| $120|
* If a client's income is more than the set amount above, we will work with the case managers/clients on a case-by-case basis.