How to use the Food Bank
Eligible clients will be approved for 12 regular distributions in a 12 month period, with at least 30 days between visits. The twelve times a year does not include any additional distributions, such as the Thanksgiving and Holiday dinner distributions.
In order to use the State College Food:
- you must reside in the Boroughs of State College or Port Matilda or one of the following townships: Ferguson, Harris, College, Patton, Halfmoon, Taylor, Worth or Huston, AND
- have a referral from one of the agencies listed below AND
- fall within the income set below*.
If you are not sure of your township, click here for a map.
Step 1: Meet with one of agencies (see list below). If you qualify, they will provide you with a written referral.
Step 2: Bring the referral with you to the Food Bank during regular distribution hours. First time clients, coming for thier first distribution, MUST come to the Food Bank on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between 2:00-3:00pm.Safety Net Partners (approved referring agencies)
At times, a one-time referral can be provided for individuals with unusual situations. Emergency 24-hour assistance is available through the Community Help Centre: 814-237-5855, 410 S. Fraser St, State College, PA 16801.Income Qualifications effective 7/1/2018 -- 6/30/19*:
- Centre Helps (open 24/7)
- 814.237.5855 or 24 hour Hotline at 800.494.2500
- 410 S Fraser St, State College, PA
- Centre Volunteers in Medicine
- 2520 Green Tech Dr, Suite D, State College, PA 16803
- Salvation Army
- 2603 E College Ave, Suite G, State College, PA 16801
- If you work with any of the following agencies, check with your case manager for eligibility:
- Strawberry Fields
- Housing Transitions
- Women's Resource Center
Household Size Annual Income Monthly Income Weekly Income 1 $18,210 $1,518 $350 2 $24,690 $2,058 $475 3 $31,170 $2,598 $599 4 $37,650 $3,138 $724 5 $44,130 $3,678 $849 6 $50,610 $4,218 $973 7 $57,090 $4,758 $1,098 8 $63,570 $5,298 $1,223 For each additional family member add: $6,480 $540 $125* If a client's income is more than the set amount above, we will work with the case managers/clients on a case-by-case basis.