Everyone and anyone can host a food or fund drive! They work well at businesses, schools, clubs, places of worship, and community events. Food and fund drives are a great way to get younger volunteers involved in the fight agaisnt hunger!
Holding a food drive is as easy as 1-2-3!1 - Plan ahead
- Food drives are needed any time of the year. Check out our current needs list.
- Plan a Thanksgiving-in-July collection. Holiday items should be delivered to the Food Bank by early-November or sooner.
- Make February a Heart-Healthy food drive and concentrate on items such as oatmeal, Cheerios, nuts, tuna, tea, carrots, and broccoli.
2 - Promote
- Create posters and flyers to promote your food drive.
- Make sure to include dates of collection, what type of items you are seeking, and where items can be dropped off.
- Please remind people avoid donating expired or opened items. Check out our donation guidelines for more information.
3 - Collect
- You can help the Food Bank by organizing your donated items by product type (great idea for our young collectors) prior to dropping off the collection.
- Drop your donation off at the Food Bank Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm or other times by appointment (call 814-234-2310). Due to the high number of food drives during the months of November and December, please make sure to complete our food drive registration process so we are aware of your plans and can schedule a drop off day and time.
Interested in hosting a food or fund drive? Click here and register for your food drive with the State College Food Bank!